The O’Neill 2017 Assault Mens Life Vest has integrated PVC foam which reduces the wet weight of the life vest but keeps the neoprene where you need it most for warmth. The neoprene is high a quality Fluid Foam Nitrolite and does not get as soggy as the lower quality neoprene life vests. High quality neoprene is expected since Oneill makes the best neoprene wet suits in the world. Compared to the 2014 Assault Life Vest, the 2017 is better fitting and a little lighter. Oneill vests have internal belt design which helps to keep the straps tucked in and away from your limbs. With integrated lumbar support pads, segmented foam core and anatomical flex points, the Oneill has included featured that you will not find on other brands. Another unique feature is that the Oneill Assault has Lumbar support to reduce fatigue and stress on the back. Lumbar support is essential in sports that require long rides such as Kayaking. Watersports such as waterskiing, wakeboarding, and kneeboarding are other sports where support on the lumbar will help you ride longer and farther and with fewer back pain complaints the next day.
The Oneill Assault Life Vest features:
1. Molded foam panels with soft neoprene for comfort and warmth
2. Fully flotation compliant USCGA life vest
3. Concealed Dual Belt System which keeps the straps tucked in and away from your arms
4. Segmented foam core is designed with anatomical flex points for maximum movement
5. Large armhole size to allow maximum movement
6. Quick release Delrin Buckles
7. Closed cell PVC Marine Foam to reduce the wet weight of the vest, (Lower quality off-brand neoprene life vests get soggy and stretch out a lot when wet).
8. Integrated Lumbar Pad
9. Overlocked Stitched: Super-Strong Seams
Use for any type of boating, water skiing, wakeboarding, river rafting, and water safety.